Friday, May 1, 2009

Then and now

Today R, S and I ran a lot of errands, trying to prepare for our upcoming medical school graduation and move across the country. We picked up our graduation regalia, including those silly looking gowns and caps that look something like this. My parents and H are flying in on the 13th then convocation is on the 14th and graduation is on the 15th. Anyway, I digress. We also picked up around 20 boxes from our local supermarket to start packing. Hopefully we can make a dent with these boxes, but I have a feeling that we'll need plenty more! I also retested my paramedic skills and renewed my Texas paramedic licensure, and renewed my BLS and ACLS certifications. R just got back from Houston last Saturday where he took a national registry paramedic refresher course. He just finished his practical/written exam today and he passed! We worked hard for our paramedic credentials and we don't want to let them lapse.

In other news, I have been enjoying my time off by spending time with R and S, and catching up on dozens of episodes of Scrubs, thanks to our DVR. It's been wonderful being together and not having to worry about hospital responsibilities.

Today I was sorting some of S's clothes and I came across the outfit she wore on her first day of life. It was my absolute favorite newborn outfit, but she was swimming in it back then. I thought it would be interesting to see how much she has grown since then, so I squeezed her into the Zutano outfit and took a picture. I got choked up looking at pictures of S and me meeting for the first time. She is so beautiful. I love you, baby.


November 12, 2008:




May 1, 2009 (11 days shy of six months):

No comments:

Post a Comment