Sunday, May 17, 2009

Graduation 2009!

It has been a crazy week! My family flew in on the 13th from VA for our medical school graduation and we have been celebrating ever since. Friday the 14th was convocation where we were hooded, and Saturday the 15th was the commencement ceremony where we officially graduated, received our M.D. diplomas and became physicians. It has been an emotionally charged week for me as this event has been a long time coming. I remember being a college freshman in 1999 when I realized that I wanted to be a doctor. Fast-forward 10 years and I remember when I was pregnant with S thinking that she would be six months old when we graduated from school and it seemed like such a long ways away. Well, here we are and that time has come. Savannah has been such a trooper throughout all of the festivities and we have enjoyed this time with our families. It was so special to have my mother, father and sister H here to share this time with us. I wish M could have been here, but we kept her updated with pictures via email.

Here are some pictures of convocation, commencement, and the ensuing celebration.

Our happy family


After convocation on 5/15


With my parents!


The Lubbock wind was ridiculous


Our little graduate-in-training


Mmm... toes!


S and Mommy


Aunt H and S


R and I enjoying our class party the evening after convocation


Before commencement, 5/16


Our names being read at commencement... M.D.s!


S enjoying commencement with Z and H


Seeing my daughter for the first time after graduating


H and A


Dr. C, my Ob/Gyn who delivered S


Family!


Oma and Z with S after commencement


Mum and Pops


S wearing her party dress, sitting in her beautiful new chair


S wearing a Lamb Chop towel


R's mother, Uncle S, and father

No comments:

Post a Comment